Mmm … I can’t explain how much I like these white chocolate oreo truffles!
On the one hand, the oreo squeaks me, on the other hand the white chocolate squeaks me eveI love this dessert as a whole! On the one hand I love oreo, on the other hand I love white chocolate even more. Imagine how it tastes all combined and even better… in the form of truffles!
Imagine the contrast of the white chocolate crust with the juiciness of the truffle.
Although the dough is a bit sticky, it is a dessert you can make with the little ones. They will love eating these truffles because don´t taste as bitter as dark chocolate truffles do.
If I were asked which truffles would I prefer for dessert, it would be a difficult answer. In my view, white chocolate and oreo cookies are a weakness ; therefore, I do think they are the PERFECT truffles. Even so, I still think that traditional chocolate truffles are delicious and ideal for desserts or coffee time.
How to Make White Chocolate Oreo Truffles
1. In a food processor or blender, add 154 grams of oreo cookies. Once the cookies are completely crushed, add in 100 grams of Philadelphia cream cheese. Mix until well combined.
2. Use the dough to form small balls with your hands, placing each one of them on the baking paper. Although the dough is sticky, this step is the one that the children like the most, it is like playing with play dough and it entertains them a lot, the only thing is that you will surely lose 2 or 3 truffles.
3. Put the truffles in the freezer for 1 hour; until they are hard and compact.
4. In a bowl, chop the white chocolate bar and melt it in the microwave at 700W for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and put it back in for another 30 seconds. Repeat this process until the white chocolate is completely melted. Tip: do not overdo it because the chocolate burns easily.
5. Now dip the balls in the white chocolate with the help of a toothpick. Prick the truffle and dip it in the white chocolate, let it dry on the baking paper. Optional: my children love to decorate them with coloured noodles, this is the moment when they get creative.
6. Once you have coated all the truffles, put them in the refrigerator to harden. Et voilà! You have made delicious white chocolate oreo truffles!
White Chocolate Oreo Truffles Recipe
- 154 grams Oreo cookies ( one pack )
- 100 grams Philadelphia cream cheese
- 180 grams white chocolate for melting
- Crush 154 grams of oreo cookies in a food processor. Once they are crushed, add the cream cheese and mix until well combined.
- With the dough ready, form small balls with your hands and place them on the baking paper
- Put the truffles in the freezer for 1 hour; until they are hard and compact.
- Chop the white chocolate bar, put it in a bowl and melt it in the microwave.
- Dip the balls in the white chocolate with the help of a toothpick. Let it dry again on the baking paper.
- Once you have coated all the truffles, put them in the refrigerator to harden. Et voilà! You have made delicious white chocolate oreo truffles!