I love this pumpkin pie recipe!
Pumpkin pie is a delicious dessert to make and eat during the autumn season. Plus, it is the perfect treat if you’re celebrating Halloween with the little ones!
I promise this pumpkin pie recipe will be a delicious discovery if you haven’t tried it before.
If you have little ones at home and you’re wondering whether they’ll like pumpkin pie … Trust me, they will! This pumpkin pie recipe blew my mind, and my children left nothing on their plates. The base of the pie is made with biscuit; and the filling texture is smooth and creamy.
Anyway, if you want to have a plan B, you can also make this chocolate mousse cake.
It’s pumpkin season! This morning I bought cut pumpkins to make the cake, and I also bought whole pumpkins so my kids could bring them to life with their amazing imaginations. This way, they help me decorate the house while having fun.
At this very moment that I am in the kitchen about to make this delicious cake, they are dressing up with their grandmother.
it’s time to get to work!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 356°F ( 180°C ).
2. In a food processor, add 300 grams of digestive biscuits and 25 grams of coconut oil (or butter). Crush at high speed for 4 seconds. You will get a well-mixed powder. If you don’t have a food processor, you can crush the biscuits with a hand blender.
3. Pour the biscuit powder in the 11-inch ceramic pie pan and press it down firmly with the back of a spoon until the pressed cookie powder is completely adapted to the shape of the mold.
4. In a saucepan, pour water and add 750 grams of pumpkin. Put it over medium heat until boiling. If the texture of the pumpkin has soften, remove the peel and mash the pumpkin with a fork or hand blender until it turns into a puree.
5. In a bowl, add the pumpkin puree and 4 eggs. Beat the mixture with a hand mixer/ blender until well combined.
6. Add to the mixture 150 grams of brown sugar; a teaspoon of: pink salt, nutmeg and cinnamon; a tablespoon of vanilla extract; 150 grams of whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of flour. Beat with the hand mixer until combined.
7. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and bake for 45 minutes.
8. When you take it out of the oven, let the cake cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Then, put it to chill it in the refrigerator for two hours. Et voilà! You have made a delicious pumpkin pie for Halloween!
Sooo… What are you going to dress up as this Halloween?
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 300 grams digestive biscuits
- 25 grams coconut oil or butter
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 150 grams heavy whipping cream
- 750 grams pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 356°F ( 180°C ).
- In a food processor, add oatmeal biscuits and coconut oil (or butter). Crush at high speed for 4 seconds.
- Pour the biscuit powder in the ceramic baking dish and press it down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- In a saucepan, pour water and add the pumpkin. Put it over medium heat until boiling. If the texture of the pumpkin has soften, remove the peel and mash the pumpkin with a fork or hand blender until it turns out a puree.
- In a bowl, add the pumpkin puree and eggs. Beat the mixture with a hand blender or electric mixer until well combined.
- Add to the mixture brown sugar, pink salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, whipping cream and flour. Keep beating until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and bake for 45 minutes.
- When you take it out of the oven, allow the cake to cool to room temperature for about 10 minutes. Then; put it to chill in the fridge for two hours. Et voilà! You have made a delicious pumpkin pie!