This panna cotta recipe with raspberries and chia seeds is very easy to make, and it won’t take you any time at all!
Served in cocktail glasses, this panna cotta is a very colourful and elegant dessert for any special occasion at home. However, It’s not just the way it looks, but also the way it tastes. The texture of this elegant Italian dessert is pure creaminess.
You can add a mint leaf to give a wild and colourful touch to the raspberries.
It is a cold, sunny October morning. The day invites me to put on my coat and take a walk among the autumn trees. So I decide to go for a walk!
I walk through the Retiro Park in Madrid and, surrounded by nature, I start thinking about the benefits of chia seeds. They are good for the bones, reduce cholesterol, regulate intestinal transit and help to lose weight. These chia seeds are tiny but with a multitude of healthy properties.
On my back back home, I stop by the supermarket. I buy sugar, whipping cream, vanilla extract, gelatin sheets, chia seeds and raspberries.
How to Make Panna Cotta with Raspberries and Chia Seeds
1. In a bowl, pour cold water and soak in two gelatin sheets (4 grams) for 10 minutes, so they will hydrate.
2. In a pot, add 500 ml of whipping cream and 50 grams of sugar. Now stir with a wire whisk over medium heat ( level 6 if you´re using glass-ceramic ) until combined.
3. Add in one tablespoon of vanilla extract and two tablespoons of chia seeds.
4. When the mixture is boiling, add in two gelatin sheets and stir until dissolved.
5. Once the gelatin sheets have dissolved, turn up the heat for about 10 seconds and stir well. Then, turn off the fire.
6. Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes before pouring it in small glasses. Then, put the panna cotta to chill in the refrigerator for three hours.
7. Top with raspberries and, if you like, decorate with a mint leaf to give a wild and colourful touch.
8. Et voilà … You now have made a delicious panna cotta ready to delight your guests.
If you like Italian desserts , you can also try our tiramisu or this salted caramel panna cotta.
Panna Cotta with Raspberries and Chia Seeds
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 sheets gelatin ( 4 gr )
- 12 raspberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Pour cold water into a bowl and soak in two gelatin sheets for 10 minutes.
- In a pot, add whipping cream and sugar. Stir with a wire whisk over medium heat until combined.
- Add in vanilla extract and chia seeds.
- When the mixture is boiling, add the gelatin sheets and stir until dissolved.
- Once the gelatin sheets have dissolved, turn up the heat for about 10 seconds and stir well. Then you can turn off the fire.
- Allow mixture to cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Then, put it back to chill in the refrigerator for about three hours.
- Top with raspberries.
- Et voilà… You now have made a delicious dessert ready to delight your guests.