We have a new cake section on the blog! And we launch it with this lemon yogurt cake recipe.
This recipe for lemon yogurt cake has a very special place in my recipe book, as it was the first dessert I ever made in my life!
If you are getting started in baking, I recommend you to try making this super easy lemon yogurt.
In the summers of my childhood, my parents had to work most of the time and used to take my siblings and me to my grandmother’s house in the countryside, in Arcos de la Frontera. And one way to liven up the afternoons was to have sponge cake competitions among the cousins.
The only recipe I knew by then recipe was this lemon yogurt cake recipe. Making this lemon yogurt cake could not be easier. All I needed was to use a container of lemon yogurt as a measure and to remember the 1, 2, 3. One container of sunflower oil, two containers of sugar and three containers of flour. And it always came out moist an flavourful.
The utensils we used back then were a clay bowl and a fork. And the ingredients were 100% natural: free range eggs and lemons straight from the tree. It was without a doubt my favourite summer plan!
Whenever I make this cake I always go back in time and become that little girl cook who was making her first steps in the kitchen.
The competition prize consisted of eating the winning cake with my siblings and cousins. All I had to do was follow the recipe scrupulously and success was guaranteed!
I can still remember when I used to be engrossed in watching the sponge cake grow in the oven. It was magic for me. How could such a fluffy lemon sponge cake come out of a mixture of simple ingredients.
Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 356°F ( 180°C ).
2. In a bowl, add 120 grams of lemon yogurt and use the yogurt container as a measure. In the same bowl, add 1 yogurt container of sunflower oil ( 100 ml ), 2 yogurt containers of sugar ( 180 grams ), 3 yogurt containers of flour ( 165 grams), three eggs, half a lemon peel and 16 grams of baking powder.
3. Whisk the mixture with a hand mixer until combined.
4. Grease a 10-inch loaf pan with butter and then sprinkle flour on top of the butter. This will help you unmold the cake later.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes (without opening the oven door). When the time is up insert a cake tester (or a knife) into the center of the yogurt cake to check whether it is done. If the tester comes out clean … Et voilà! And just like that you have made a delicious lemon yogurt cake!
If you liked this homemade cake recipe, try making also this marble cake.
Lemon Yogurt Cake 1.2.3 Recipe
- 1 lemon yogurt ( 120 grams – use the same container as a measure )
- 1 container sunflower oil ( 100 ml )
- 2 containers sugar ( 180 gr )
- 3 containers flour ( 165 gr )
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 16 grams baking powder
- Precalienta el horno a 180º arriba y abajo.
- In a bowl, add one lemon yogurt and keep the container to use a as a measure. In the same bowl, add 1 container of sunflower oil, 2 containers of sugar, 3 containers of flour, three eggs, half a lemon peel and 16 grams of baking powder.
- Whisk the mixture with a hand mixer until combined.
- Grease a 10-inch loaf pan with butter and then sprinkle flour on top of the butter.
- our the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes. When the time is up insert a cake tester into the center of the cake to check whether it is done. If the tester comes out clean … Et voilà! And just like that you have made a delicious lemon yogurt cake!