This lemon mousse with crumble is a perfect dessert for dinner parties at home.
It is important to assemble this dessert just before serving, as the crumble will absorb the mousse and lose that crunchy bite.
Remember to set aside a little crumble to decorate on top. I also place some grated lime on top to add that citric and fresh touch to the sweetness of the mousse.
This recipe is inspired by this other lemon mousse recipe.
Lemon Mousse with Crumble
- 4 plain Greek yogurts
- 4 lemons
- 1 can condensed milk ( 370 grams )
- 1 lime
- 80 grams flour
- 80 grams butter
- 60 grams sugar
- Preheat the oven to 356°F ( 180°C ).
- Use softened butter, otherwise put it in the microwave for 1 minute at low temperature. We only want to soften it a little, not melt it completely.
- Add the sugar and flour and whisk/knead until integrated.
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling film and put it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. We want it to be a little hard so that later it can be crumbled better.
- Line up a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the dough out of the freezer and make crumbs with your hands. It is important that there is room between crumbs because they spread and grow with the heat.
- Put the tray in the oven and wait 10 minutes. You will see the dough start to rise and brown. When the time is up, remove and let it cool.
- Then, put the crumble in a freezer bag and roll a rolling pin over the bag to make crumbs.
- In a bowl, mix the condensed milk and yogurts.
- Add into this mixture a 4 lemons juice and stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Add in the grated zest of the lemons.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator wrapped with cling film.
- In a small glass, add crumble to make the base and then pour some mousse on top of it.