This is a basic crepe recipe that I learned in my school years, therefore, not long ago 😉
These crepes can be served as either breakfast, dessert or snack. In my case, I make them to sweeten the afternoons I spend at home with my children 🙂
To make these treats perfectly, you will need a bit of practice. I remember the first crepes I made in my life didn’t come out well; as result, I promised myself, by then, that I would end up making incredibly good crepes. Therefore, according to my children, I have succeeded! With patience and practice you will get them just right.
That’s why I want to share with you this basic step-by-step recipe for crepes so that these delicacies turn out just as well.
Eating Crepes with Nutella in Nature
This summer 2021 I had the good fortune to visit my friend Pati in Cantabria.
North of Spain is known for its incredible landscapes and wonderful beaches; nonetheless, not always days are sunny there. This time I was very lucky to get sunny days, something unsual in this region.
One of the beaches I visited was the Langre beach. The sights there are beautiful since you see a huge cliff surrounding the beach; however, to get to the beach you need to go down stairs. Before going down, I saw a small roullote on a esplanade, inside which there was a couple selling… guess what? Yes, that’s right, they were selling crepes. What kind of utopia was that? Eating crepes with Nutella in nature? Not even in the best of my dreams.
A wooden table and seats made from tree trunks. Coffee. Nutella crepes. The sea. The mountain. That’s all I needed.
Easy Crepes Recipe
You’ll love this easy crepe recipe. Also, learning how to make crepes is not difficult, although it does take a bit of practice at first. Although the couple from the roullote used an electric crepe maker, the result using a frying pan will be almost the same.
Once you know how to make this easy crepes recipe, you will be able to make sweet and savory crepe dishes.
How to Make Crepes
- In a hand blender bowl/jar, add 1 egg, 1 cup of full-cream milk, 1 cup of flour, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of sunflower oil. Beat with an electric hand blender until there are no lumps.
- In a 9.5 inch frying pan, add a small knob of unsalted butter over medium-high heat (level 7 on glass-ceramic ). When butter is melted, spread the butter well over the pan with paper towel.
- Pour batter with the help of a ladle into the pan and slightly tilt and turn the pan so that the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Without touching the batter, let it cook for about 1 minute. When you see that the crepe is golden brown, lift the edge a little with a skimmer spoon and turn it over. Wait a few seconds until the other side is also done. When it is ready, remove it from the heat and start again with another crepe.
Once you have the crepe out of the pan, it’s time to put whatever you like on it: Nutella, dulce de leche or sugar and lemon. The way I add Nutella is to spread it on half of the crepe and fold it twice. Optionally, you can decorate the crepe with chocolate syrup.
If you like crepes, I encourage you to also try these crepes suzettes.
Easy Crepes Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup full-cream milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 knob unsalted butter
- Add all the ingredients in a hand blender bowl. Beat with an electric hand blender until there are no lumps.
- In a 9.5 inch frying pan, add a small knob of unsalted butter over medium-high heat. When butter is melted, spread the butter well over the pan with paper towel.
- Pour a little of the batter into the pan and slightly tilt and turn the pan so that the batter is evenly distributed.
- Let it cook for about 1 minute. When you see your crepe is golden brown, turn it over with the help of a skimmer spoon or spatula. Wait until the other side is also done and then remove it out of the pan. Start again the process.