Now that Christmas is approaching, is your opportunity to surprise family and friends with this chocolate truffles recipe.
I´m happy whenever I have the chance to make a chocolate dessert, like these truffles.
When I was a kid I loved chocolate, but milk chocolate.
Back then, I found the taste of dark chocolate too bitter. So I admit, I always had a mixed feeling about truffles, those wonderful chocolatey tear-shaped sweets … so appetizing, so apparently suitable for my palate and … bam! Suddenly that bitter taste was all over my senses. I can’t believe that those beautiful chocolate things are bitter! , I used to grumble. They were the forbidden pleasure.
Yes, it’s a dessert for chocolate lovers. Real chocoholics. And I knew I had to be one. I couldn’t let Mr. Wonka down.
When you’re little, you want to be older so you can drive, go out with your friends, and do the things that grown-ups do. Well, this was one of those things. When I grow up I’m going to like chocolate truffles. I knew we were meant to understand each other.
Years later I matured, and my palate along with me. We were both growing in parallel, educating ourselves as I tasted more flavours.
Today I can’t live without these little ones. I truly believe that chocolate truffles are the perfect accompaniment for special occasions.
Easy Recipe for Chocolate Truffles
With this recipe you will learn how to make dark chocolate truffles with condensed milk in a very easy and simple way. You’re not only going to end up liking them, you’re going to love them. Trust me!
1. In a bowl, chop the dark chocolate bar and then melt it in the microwave at 700W for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat this action until the dark chocolate is completely melted. Tip: Be careful not to overdo it because the chocolate burns easily (and makes a tremendous smoke). For a bar it will be about 2 minutes, but it is always better to do it little by little.
2. Add the condensed milk into the chocolate and stir until well combined.
3. Put the mixture to chill in the freezer for ½ hour.
4. Take the dough out of the freezer and start forming small balls ( 20 grams ) with your hands. Place each one of them on the baking paper. Tip: preferably do not press too much when making the balls.
5. Coat the truffles in cocoa powder and put them directly to chill in the refrigerator for ½ hour. Et voilà! You have made delicious chocolate truffles!
For me, chocolate desserts recipes are a staple in my cookbook. I also invite you to try making white chocolate oreo truffles.
Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe With Condensed Milk
- 200 grams dark chocolate for melting
- 125 grams condensed milk
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- In a bowl, chop the dark chocolate bar and then melt it in the microwave at 700W for 30 seconds.
- Add the condensed milk into the chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Put the mixture to chill in the freezer for ½ hour.
- Take the dough out of the freezer and start forming small balls ( 20 grams ) with your hands and place them on the baking paper.
- Coat the truffles in cocoa powder and keep them in the fridge for ½ hour to cool. Et voilà! You have made delicious chocolate truffles!