I love this banana bread recipe with chocolate chips. And I´m sure you will too!
This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is, without a doubt, the best way to use up those ripe bananas that are still sitting uneaten in your fruit bowl..
Spoiler! They will eat those ripe bananas, but in a different way 🙂
Many people use lemon juice to make banana bread; instead, I like to use Greek yoghurt to make a very moist banana bread.
Should I use lemon juice or yoghurt to make banana bread?
Since these two ingredients are essential to activate the baking soda, some people rather use lemon juice, and others prefer yoghurt as ingredient for their banana bread.
How do I know when a banana is ripe?
When the bananas start to have a dull yellowish color, with brown and black shades. Then you can consider that it is a banana that is ripening.
The darker the bananas are, the better! That means they are very ripe and the riper the bananas are, the more moist and sweeter the bread will be and more banana flavour it will have!
It’s time to use those ripe bananas!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 356°F ( 180°C ).
2. Melt 115 grams of butter in the microwave for 45 seconds. Don´t worry if some pieces are still solid when you take it out, it will finish melting when you stir it. I recommend cutting the butter into chunks (3 or 4) so it will melt faster.
3. Pour the melted butter in a bowl and then add three ripe bananas. Mix together with a fork while mashing the bananas.
4. Add two eggs, 75 grams of Greek yogurt and one teaspoon of vanilla extract into your banana mixture. Tip: If you don´t have yogurt, you can use sour cream instead. Continue stirring with a fork until everything is mixed. You can use an electric hand mixer at low speed if desired. Set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, add your dry ingredients: 270 grams of flour, a teaspoon of baking soda (6 grams), a teaspoon of baking powder (6 grams), a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir with a whisk until everything is well combined.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix all together with a spatula until well combined. You will notice the batter getting brownie and more solid.
7. Prepare the 10-inch loaf pan by first spreading butter over all four sides and bottom and then adding flour to the buttered pan. This will help you unmold the bread later.
8. Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top of the batter just before baking.
9. Bake for 50 minutes. I recommend you not to open the oven door during this time. When the time is up insert a cake tester (or a knife) into the center of the banana bread to check whether it is done. If the tester comes out clean … Et voilà! You have made a delicious banana bread with chocolate chips!
If you liked this chocolate chip banana bread, I encourage you to try making our lemon yogurt cake or this marble cake.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- ½ cup butter ( 115 grams )
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs ( Large )
- ½ plain Greek yogurt ( 75 grams )
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour ( 270 grams )
- 1 teaspoon baking soda ( 6 grams )
- 1 teaspoon baking powder ( 6 grams )
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 356°F ( 180°C ).
- Heat 115 grams of butter in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Pour the melted butter in a bowl and add in three ripe bananas. Mix all together with a fork.
- Add in the eggs, Greek yogurt and vanilla. Keep stirring with a fork until everything is well combined. Set aside the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients. Stir with a wire whisk until everything is well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir with a spatula until well blended.
- Butter and flour a 10 inch loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- When the time is up insert a cake tester (or a knife) into the center of the banana bread to check whether it is done. If the tester comes out clean … Et voilà! You have made a delicious banana bread!