This lemonade recipe is amazingly easy and quick to make. Don’t feel like squeezing lemons? Want to always have a pitcher of lemonade in your fridge? You are in the right place.
This homemade drink is:
Easy and quick to make.
You only need four ingredients to make the best homemade lemonade.
Neither too tart nor too sweet, this recipe has the perfect balance of lemon and sugar. This is a refreshing drink for a summer day!
How to Make Lemonade
It may seem that making this drink is easy (and it is!) , but you have to play with the measurements to get the right proportions.
If you add too much lemon, it can turn out too tart; if you pour too much water, it can turn out too watery. This lemonade recipe is deliciously balanced, so all you have to worry about is enjoying the summer!
Before you start, make sure you have the following equipment: a blender of at least 600 watts, a strainer, a pitcher and a wooden spoon.
Let’s get to it!
1. In the blender, add 5 ice cubes and crush the ice in 2 ten-second batches at maximum speed.
2. Wash 3 lemons and cut off both ends. Then, cut each lemon into four pieces, and toss them in the blender.
3. Add in 100 grams of sugar and one liter of water.
4. In 3 batches, beat at maximum speed for 1 second.
5. Using a strainer, pour the lemonade into a pitcher. And then add 250 ml of water, mint leaves and ice to taste. Stir with a wooden spoon. The mint gives it a touch, even more if possible, of freshness and menthol aroma that combines perfectly with the flavor of the lemonade. Et voilà! Enjoy the summer!
This classic chocolate mousse may become the ultimate dessert for dinner parties this summer. This mousse is light, smooth and frothy.
Mmmm… there’s something about this French chocolate dessert. I don’t know if it’s the taste or the texture, or the combination of both, but it always leaves me wanting more. When I finish my portion, I’m satisfied but … I can’t help but look at the others to see if they finish it or need a little help!!
Few desserts leave me with this feeling, so I launch a warning to navigators: this dessert can become addictive!
If you’ve made more recipes from this blog, you’ll know about my passion for sweet treats and, above all, for chocolate.
Here are some other chocolate desserts to encourage you to try, if you haven’t already!
Will you be able to resist the magic of its texture and intense chocolate flavor?
Once you have made this chocolate mousse, you will feel like the chef of any French restaurant in the heart of Paris.
As you savor the mousse, and notice how it melts on your palate, the intensity of the chocolate will conquer your senses and (possibly) take your imagination to visit magical places such as la tour Eiffel or the pedestrian streets of the French capital.
Last summer was another mousse the star dessert on the blog. It was a success because of its simplicity and creaminess. It is another type of mousse with a different texture made with condensed milk.
Therefore, I thought it would be a good idea to propose chocolate mousse as this summer’s dessert.
Although chocolate mousse is a dessert that is eaten throughout the year, this time we are going to put it in the freezer for 60 minutes so that it has a refreshing touch, without losing the intensity of the chocolate.
How to Make Chocolate Mousse
This delicious chocolate dessert is made with only 4 ingredients, so it is important that they are of high quality and at room temperature.
Butter at room temperature
Eggs at room temperature
1. In a bowl, add 200 grams of dark chocolate and 40 grams of butter, both in small pieces, and melt in a bain-marie or in the microwave for 1 minute. If there are any lumps in the mixture, stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve them. Chocolate can burn in the microwave, so it is best not to overdo it and just stir until the chocolate and butter small pieces are dissolved. Let the mixture sit cool at room temperature.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Remember that eggs (2) must be at room temperature.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff with a hand held mixer. Add in one teaspoon of sugar at the end until dissolved.
4. Add the 2 egg yolks to the chocolate, which is already at room temperature, one by one. Stir with a wooden spoon until the yolk is dissolved and well combined. You shouldn´t see any trace of yolk.
This next step is very important to create the texture of the chocolate mousse..
5.Add the meringue to the chocolate in 3 phases. In the first phase, add 1/3 of the meringue and stir quickly with the wooden spoon until combined. Once integrated, add in another third of meringue and stir more slowly until combined. Then, carefully add the remaining meringue and combine both mixtures with slow folding movements, a bottom-to-top and top-to-bottom motion, until well integrated.
6. Pour the mixture into small glasses, cover them with cling film and put them to chill in the freezer for 1 hour.
7. Take them out of the freezer and sprinkle chocolate on top to decorate and give a crunchy touch to the dessert. Et voilà! You have made a delicious chocolate mousse.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
This delicious chocolate mousse is made with only 4 ingredients. Its texture and flavor makes this French dessert addictive!
In a bowl, add dark chocolate and butter in small pieces, and melt in a bain-marie or in the microwave for 1 minute.
Separate the egg whites from the yolks
In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff with a hand held mixer. Add in one teaspoon of sugar at the end until dissolved.
Add the egg yolks to the chocolate one by one.
Add 1/3 of the meringue and stir, with the wooden spoon, quickly and in circles until integrated. Once integrated, add in another third of meringue and stir more slowly until combined. Then, carefully add the remaining meringue and combine both mixtures with slow folding movements until well integrated.
Pour the mixture into small glasses, cover them with cling film and put them to chill in the freezer for 1 hour.
Take them out of the freezer and sprinkle chocolate on top to decorate and give a crunchy touch to the dessert. Et voilà! You have made a delicious chocolate mousse.
This recipe for fried plantains with orange sauce, or platanos fritos, won´t leave you indifferent!
What I like about our grandmothers’ desserts is that they were made with basic products. Who doesn’t have sugar, bananas and oranges at home? You only need these three ingredients to make a real delicacy.
This is another recipe from Victor’s grandmother, Nona, who is delighted to be able to contribute her bit to this blog. Thanks Nona! Another of her famous recipes is this recipe for chocolate cake.
How to Make Fried Plantains with Orange Sauce
1. Make an orange juice with 2 oranges.
2. Grease a frying pan with a tablespoon of butter and put it over medium-low heat (level 4 on glass-ceramic). Tip: Use a frying pan in which the plantains fit. For this dessert I use a 9.5 inch pan.
3. Slice 2 bananas lengthwise.
4. When the butter starts to foam and sizzle a little, put the plantains with the cut side down. Let them cook for 12 minutes.
5. When the 12 minutes are up (it starts to smell good!), add orange juice until it covers half of the bananas. Then add 1 tablespoon of sugar per banana, and soak the banana loin with the juice from the pan. Let the sauce cook for 25 minutes over medium heat.
6. The sauce that is being made is like a kind of syrup. You can shake the pan a little so that the sauce is well distributed. When you see that it has thickened during this time, without caramelizing, it´s time to remove it from the heat. Et voilà… and in a very simple way you have just made delicious fried plantains with orange sauce.
The texture of the sauce is thicker than syrup and less thick than caramel. If you see that it caramelizes too soon in the pan, add a little more orange juice.
The texture of the banana at the end should not be hard, but soft as shown in the photo above. If you see that it is hard it needs to be cooked a little more in the pan.
These platanos fritos are served warm and with just the sauce taste delicious. However, you can add either whipped or liquid cream as an accompaniment if you want.
I love this recipe for fried bananas, it’s super easy to make and you don’t need a lot of time. I hope you enjoy it savouring it´s incredible texture and flavour!
Grease a frying pan with a tablespoon of butter and put it over medium-low heat.
Slice 2 bananas lengthwise
When the butter starts to foam and sizzle a little, put the plantains with the cut side down. Let them cook for 12 minutes.
When the 12 minutes are up (it starts to smell good!), add orange juice until it covers half of the bananas. Then add 1 tablespoon of sugar per banana, and soak the banana loin with the juice from the pan. Let the sauce cook for 25 minutes over medium heat.
When you see that the sauce has thickened , it´s time to remove it from the heat. Et voilà! You have just made delicious fried plantains with orange sauce.
Crema Catalana is a delicious traditional dessert of the Spanish cuisine.
I love the Spanish food and what my country land offers to our gastronomy. If you have ever been to Spain, you know it has different climates and landscapes from north to south and from east to west. Therefore, we have a rich gastronomic culture since every region provides its own ingredients and culinary specialties.
Is Crema Catalana Gluten Free ?
Yes! Catalan cream is made with cornstarch, the flour is corn-based, not wheat-based; therefore, it is gluten-free. This dessert is suitable for celiacs.
Is Crema Catalana The Same As Crême Brûlée ?
Crema catalana is a Spanish dessert cooked on the stove in a saucepan, while crême brûlée is a French dessert cooked over a low heat and later needs to bake in the oven in a bain-marie. Another difference lies in crema catalana citrus scent and the use of cinnamon. In France, they use vanilla to flavor instead.
Crema catalana is usually served in the typical clay dishes. It is a very traditional dessert and is part of the heritage of our rich gastronomic culture.
Crema catalana belongs to the same family as custards and pastry creams, but is distinguished by its characteristic toasted caramel crust that crowns the custard and gives it that golden, crunchy touch.
If you have never made this homemade dessert, and you are wondering how to make crema catalana, I assure you that it is a very easy to make dessert.
How To Make Crema Catalana
1. In a saucepan, pour a liter of milk and add in a cinnamon stick and a lemon peel. It is important that the lemon peel has no white because it bitters.
2. Put it over high heat and, when it starts to boil, lower the heat and let it cook for 5 more minutes. Set aside with the saucepan covered, so that the milk continues to take on the flavor.
3. Separate 8 egg yolks from 8 egg whites, and place the yolks in a bowl. Add 150 grams of sugar and beat the mixture with a hand held mixer until it turns foamy and pale yellow.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to the mixture and beat with the hand mixer until well integrated.
5. Pour the milk into the mixture through a sieve, removing the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel. Whisk with the hand held for one second .
6. Once you have all the mixture integrated, put it back on the stove over a medium heat. Stir with a whisk until it starts to boil. You will see that it begins to thicken, but don´t let it get too thick because when it chills it will also thicken and we want it to be creamy.
7. As soon as you see the first boiling bubble, remove it from the heat and pour it into traditional clay dishes.
8. Allow the custard to cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Then, put it to chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Keep in mind this resting time in case you want to serve the cream the same day or overnight.
9. Before serving, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar over the top of each dish with a spoon. Now it’s time to give the cream that golden, crunchy touch that we love so much. With a small kitchen blowtorch, burn the thin layer of sugar to caramelize. This how you make the famous caramelized crust.
How Do I Caramelize Crema Catalana ?
First, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar over the top of each dish with a spoon. Then get out your small kitchen blowtorch and carefully bring the blue flame close to the sugar until it becomes first liquid and then is finally toasted. This is why it is also known as burnt cream.
I Don’t Have A Blowtorch, Can I Caramelize Crema Catalana In The Oven?
Yes, you can burn the sugar in the oven, putting crema catalana as close as possible to the broiler. First, preheat the oven to 428ºF (220ºC), and when it reaches the temperature, sprinkle the sugar onto the cream and, immediately, put it in under the broiler for a few minutes. Be careful not to burn it! It might not get the same results as with the blowtorch, but it will work.
When Should I Caramelize Crema Catalana ?
Just before serving. I recommend taking crema catalana out of the fridge half an hour before eating it, so you can enjoy savouring its creaminess.
From one delicious dessert comes another delicious dessert. While making this crema catalana, I had eight egg whites left over. What should I cook with these egg whites? The answer was a delicious pavlova .
Authentic Crema Catalana Recipe
Crema Catalana is a delicious traditional dessert of the Spanish cuisine.
1tablespoonsugar per serving for caramelized crustoptional
In a saucepan, add milk, a cinnamon stick and a lemon peel.
Put it over high heat and when it starts to boil, lower the heat and let it cook for 5 more minutes. Set aside with the saucepan covered.
Separate 8 egg yolks from 8 egg whites, and place the yolks in a bowl. Add 150 grams of sugar and beat the mixture with an electric hand mixer until it turns foamy and pale yellow.
Add 2 tablespoons of cornflour to the mixture and beat with the hand mixer until well integrated.
pour the milk into the mixture through a sieve, removing the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel. Whisk with the hand mixer for one second.
Once you have all the mixture integrated, put it back on the stove over a medium heat. Stir with a whisk until it starts to boil.
As soon as you see the first boiling bubble, remove it from the heat and pour it into traditional clay dishes.
Deja que se atempere 10 minutos y metes la crema en la nevera durante 3 horas hasta que repose y enfríe.
Before serving, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar over the top of each dish with a spoon and burn the sugar with a small kitchen blowtorchto caramelize the thin layer. Et voilà! You have just made a delicious crema catalana!
This summer in Vivero, the most popular dessert in my family has been the lemon mousse with condensed milk.
I asked my aunt Carmela to teach me how to make this dessert since it is easy to make, fresh and creamy. Furthermore, it can be stored for several days in the fridge.
Ever since I can remember, I have always spent my summers in Vivero. It is a family tradition that I will try to pass on to my children.
Summers in northern Spain are usually cold and rainy; however, this summer of 2021… has been awesomely sunny! And that’s why this dessert has conquered us all!
I am very happy to share with you this easy lemon mousse recipe.
When Should I Make This Lemon Mousse Recipe ?
My recommendation for you is to make this lemon mousse with condensed milk at least 6 hours before eating it. It tastes even better one or two days after making it because the mixture will be more settled and tasty.
How to Make Lemon Mousse with Condensed Milk
In a bowl, add 370 grams of condensed milk and 4 plain sugar free Greek yogurts. Mix all together with a spatula.
Grate 4 lemons. Remember not to grate the white part of the lemon peel because it is bitter. Set aside the lemon zest.
Squeeze the lemons and pour the resulting lemon juice to the yogurt mixture while stirring with a whisk.
Add the zest of the lemons to this mixture and keep stirring.
When the mixture is well combined, serve in small glasses.
To decorate and give this dessert an even fresher touch, grate a little lime over the top of the mousse.
Put it to chill in the fridge for 4 hours. You can wrap each glass with cling film to better protect the mixture and to keep it from absorbing odors.
Did you like this mousse? If you want to go a step further and make this mousse for special events, I challenge you to try this mousse with crumble!
Today I’m going to prepare my children a delicious strawberry banana smoothie.
It’s Sunday evening, and I have decided to make my 5 and 6-year-old kids a nutritious creamy smoothie. They have been playing all day and need to drink something that is refreshing and healthy. What I love most about this smoothie is that it´s not only delicious, but it’s also made with fruit! Banana and strawberries, I love them separately and together.
I have had a very nice day with them. We have done a lot of activities; however, there is one activity in particular I was especially excited to do with them: visiting the library where I used to go when I was younger.
They were very happy and intrigued to know about me, about my life when I was young. I gave them a little tour in the library, for instance, I showed them the books I used to read and my seat where I spend long hours of study. Then, each of us chose a book and instinctively sat down on the floor to read, as if we were having a picnic in the library. As result, we had a good time there.
It’s time to go home!, I said to those little readers who got engrossed in the stories they were reading. We returned the books and, on the way home, I was already thinking about making them a delicious strawberry banana smoothie.
Mmmmm… yummy! That creamy texture is unmistakable and it tastes delicious.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Place the following ingredients in a blender bowl:
1 plain Greek yogurt (125 grams).
1 large banana.
8 frozen strawberries.
200 ml of almond milk.
Blend up these ingredients together for 1½ minute, or until it’s smooth, and then you serve it. Et voilà! Now you have a nutritious smoothie ready to be savored by the little ones, and not so little ones!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
This strawberry banana smoothie is a nutritious drink ready to be savored by the little ones, and not so little ones!